Subject: 4th Future Energy Investor Conference - Call for Start-Up Applications
Future Energy is a startup pitch contest for energy and clean tech startups. At the conference, energy and cleantech startup companies present to a panel of Venture Capital and corporate investors for feedback and a chance at investment. The event is on Thursday, November 14th in New York and applications to present are due by Friday, October 12.
For more information: http://ultralightstartups.com/future-energy/
For application: http://ultralightstartups.com/future-energy/application-form/
Each Future Energy event features pitches from 8 early-stage energy technology and cleantech startups. A panel of venture capital investors provides feedback and advice for each presenter. The audience, composed of energy entrepreneurs, researchers, investors, and press votes on their favorite startups to allocate prizes. Winners from the first 3 Future Energy events include Alteros Energy, Pika Energy, and Greenavise.
Since 2008, over 700 startup companies have presented at Ultra Light Startups events. Of these, over 20% have raised angel funding and over 6% have received venture capital funding. In addition, Future Energy events offer prizes, partnerships, business development, and press opportunities to presenters.
VC firms represented on Future Energy panels include:
- Braemar Energy Ventures
- Earthrise Capital
- Shell International (lead sponsor of Future Energy)
- New Enterprise Associates
- Batelle Ventures
- Clean Energy Venture Group
- Black Coral Capital
- Terawatt Ventures
- RockPort Capital Partners
- SJF Ventures
Sectors of interest include:
- Conventional oil and gas technology (exploration, recovery, and extraction)
- Non-conventional oil and gas technology
- Alternative and renewable energy (solar, wind, hydrogen, biofuels, geothermal, etc.)
- Renewable and bio-based chemicals
- Mobility / smart mobility
- Energy efficiency / smart grid
- Energy finance and trading technologies
More information and the application form can be found on the Future Energy website:
Applications to present at the next Future Energy event are due by Friday, October 12
( http://ultralightstartups.com/future-energy/application-form/ ).
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.