A statewide program to promote energy efficiency and the installation of clean technologies to reduce energy costs and reduce greenhouse gas emissions. The program will support sustainable community development and create opportunities for green jobs. This program will be administered by NYSERDA.
The Green Jobs - Green New York (GJGNY) Program provides New Yorkers with access to energy assessments, installation services, low-cost financing (currently for residential customers only), and pathways to training for various green-collar careers.
The GJGNY Program delivers services in targeted communities with the support of Constituency Based Organizations (CBOs). CBOs recruit residential, small businesses, Not-for-Profits (NFP), and multi-family building owners into the energy assessment and financing programs; and encourage individuals to take advantage of clean energy training opportunities.
Free or low-cost energy assessments through NYSERDA's Home Performance with ENERGY STAR Program are available to residential customers.
For those that want to take advantage of low interest financing, HPwES offers two options through Green Jobs – Green NY.*Both loan options offer up to $13,000 per household, up to $25,000 if the project meets higher cost-effectiveness standards, and repayment periods of 5, 10, or 15 years.
Option 1: On-bill recovery loans provide homeowners the convenience of paying for energy improvements on their utility bill.
- The current interest rate* is 3.49%
- Payments will be included in monthly charges from your utility
- Your annual loan payment is calculated to not exceed the anticipated amount of money you save on energy costs
- When you sell your home you will have the option to transfer the unpaid balance of loan to the new owners
- Requires an On-Bill Recovery Program Declaration. The Declaration is not a lien on the property, but is recorded in a similar way as a Mortgage to provide notice to others of the obligations under the loan transaction.
- Learn more about interest rates and how to apply at Energy Finance Solutions.
- Learn more about the On-Bill Recovery Loan Program.
Option 2: Unsecured loans offer affordable interest rates, flexible terms and simple repayment options.
- The current interest rate* is 3.99% or 3.49% if you pay via automatic bank withdrawals
- Repaid monthly directly to NYSERDA’s loan servicer
For full eligibility requirements and instructions on how to apply for either loan, visit our Residential Financing page or call 1-800-361-5663.